- At Drexel University, I am teaching “GEO 380 – Geochemistry” (Syllabus here; Student evaluation for Winter 2016 here).
Course description: A course with a topic- or project-based approach to aquatic geochemistry. In this course, the students learn how to apply chemical concepts to predict the outcome of geochemical processes and be able to use geochemical data to solve applied, real-world problems and lastly improve their quantitative and scientific writing skills.
- At the University of Colorado, Boulder, I delivered guest lectures in Aquatic Chemistry and served as an instructor in the laboratory section of the course in two semesters.
- At the University of Hawaii, Manoa, I served as an instructor for the College Physics Lab II in two semesters.
Mentorship in Research
- Mentoring a pre-med student (Ashkan Salamatipour, University of Pennsylvania), who published his first paper here under my supervision. More to follow.
- Mentored REU students from under-represented communities: Elise Bingham (Summer 2010) at the University of Colorado at Boulder, and Herby Jeans (Summer 2013) and Hanna Dodd (Summer 2012) at Stanford University. Some of the collaboration resulted in peer-reviewed publications (example, here).
- Mentored Mark C. D. Bulicek (2011-2012) for his M.S thesis work at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Outreach Activities and Leadership
- Presented talk titled “Bioremediation of Asbestos” to BoRit Asbestos Area Community Advisory Group on April 04, 2016. (link to the slides is here)
- Participated in “Soil Kitchen” at the University of Pennsylvania on April 18-19, 2015, and April 23, 2016, to measure heavy metal in soils collected by local residences in Philadelphia (https://www.sas.upenn.edu/earth/news/soil-kitchen-2015).
- Worked with a science teacher (Monique Debrito) from Berkeley High School in Summer 2014 to develop curriculum for Water Science and Technology, and participated in developing informational video for students as shown below:
- Served as a member of the Diversity Advisory Board at ReNUWIt at Stanford University. Part of my responsibility included communicating concerns from diverse and under-represented student community to the board, and organizing activities and plans to meet the diversity goal.
- Volunteered to teach students at the Jamestown Elementary School, Colorado about water and science in April 2008.
- Participated in the East-West Center Student Affiliate Program (University of Hawaii), which is focused on creating an Asia Pacific community through research, dialogue, educational and cultural activities, and public outreach.
- Served as a department representative (2005-2006) at the Graduate Student Organization at the University of Hawaii, where I was responsible for selecting and allocating funds to support student travels.
- Served as the election committee chair (2005) for the Graduate Student Organization at the University of Hawaii.
- Environmental Science & Technology
- Water Research
- Journal of Contaminant Hydrology
- Journal of Environmental Quality
- Water Resource Research
- Science of the Total Environment
- Water Science & Technology
- Ecological Engineering
- Agricultural Water Management
- Journal of Soil and Sediments
- Environmental Management
- Chemical Geology
- Chemical Engineering Journal
- Journal of Bioprocessing & Biotechniques
- Environmental Protection Engineering